so I made chinese bbq steamed buns (sio pao in the philippines) yesterday and I was watching videos on how to close the buns... if you would have seen what I was doing and then watched what it was supposed to look like (see video below), you would have laughed. at least they tasted good.
reminded me of something a little more depressing. A few weeks ago, i pulled out my violin to practice a little...something i should and wish i did much more than i do...Anyways I pulled out the last song I was working on seriously with my teacher and practiced for a while then thought I would youtube it and listen to it a few times to remember what it was supposed to sound like. again you would have laughed at me practicing.... I can probably play this at about 1/10th the speed itzhak does. doesn't even sound like the same song. Really depressing... I haven't pulled my violin out since. don't worry, as soon as my pride mends a little, I will.
"Although we don’t know all the reasons why we have differences in degrees of talents or attributes, the important thing to understand is that we are individuals moving along our own individual roads. When we stop competing with others, we can actually increase our progress. We won’t be so discouraged—and we will be able to be more productive. We can try to be better than we were yesterday, last week, last month, or last year"
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think that's the same reason why A. I never cook good homemade stuff and B. I never try playing the guitar since it's been too long since I learned how.
this is why you should post more. i'm inspired. and those chinese steamed buns (siopao in the philipiiines) were really yummy!
I really like that quote. It is so true. I think comparing ourselves with others can distract us from our own progress.
Post a Comment