Monday, May 10, 2010

mothers day dinner

this is a really delicious pasta sauce recipe i got from my friend jen. It's delicious. I made it for my family for mothers day yesterday. It's really not hard, just make it on a non-calorie-counting day. It's not an exact recipe but I think it's pretty self explanatory.
cut up about three bell peppers. you can use red, yellow, and orange. You can just use 1 or 2 colors if thats all you have. Also about half an onion. melt some butter...


saute everything in that butter.

add one large jar pasta sauce, any kind you want. Then add whipping cream until it looks about how you want it... I told you, we aren't counting calories. I usually add one little carton per jar of red sauce.add oregano, basil, and garlic powder to taste.

and lots of parmesean cheese...no picture of the finished project but let me tell you, it was good. Grandma's request for mothers day was for dad to read Mark Twain. She gets a kick out of the different characters voices. Apparently this is a nightly routine with the grandparents.
*
it was great to spend the weekend in st. george with my family. I have the best mom in the whole world. She is so amazing and always drops her entire life to serve anyone. She is the most selfless person I know. love you mom!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kate! That looks so fun. I love it! Thanks for blogging about your Mother's Day dinner. I almost makes me feel like I'm there. <3

Caitlin said...

That sauce looks seriously delicious! I might have to find a way to make it a bit more low-calorie... :)