I am now officially a Registered Nurse in the state of Utah and up for grabs! I'm glad I didn't pay the 8 bucks to the see the "early" unofficial results! These posted today (wednesday) and I took the test monday morning.
Here I am going into the testing center in Las Vegas... parker caught me off guard in this picture but don't I look physically ill? I was. I had nightmares the entire night before about all the things that could possibly go wrong on the way to the testing center and not getting there and missing the test. On top of that, I always make myself physically sick before doing anything that makes me nervous. Well fortunately, we made it to the testing center with about an hour to spare. They let me start my test 30 minutes early. The whole thing took about an hour and a half and i got the minimum 75 questions. It was all kind of surreal, you know, ACTUALLY taking the NCLEX. honestly, it started out pretty easy and got really hard. I got about 3 or 4 drugs I had no idea what they were. Because it is a computer adaptive test, it gets harder the more you get right, so I was told to be happy when I got a drug I didn't know because that meant I was doing well. trust me though, I was not happy. I was just praying that the computer turned off after 75 questions. I don't think I could have done anymore questions! Luckily it did.
This is after the test. Seriously I was just so so deliriously happy to be done with the test, that it had turned off after 75 questions, and that I never have to do another practice question again! we celebrated in Mesquite at the virgin river hotel and casino buffet! It was a great ending to a long awaited, hard worked-for day. I love seeing Registered Nurse next to my name!
Next hurdle... Find a job!

14 comments:
congrats kate! that is quite an accomplishment. good work. glad its done. good luck in the work place.
Wahoo! You look so happy to be walking OUT of the testing center! Congrats!
CONGRATS!!! That is soooo exciting what a huge accomplishment.
Crazy to the K! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is such great news and I can almost feel the relief for you. That is AWESOME! I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a job opening. Have you looked into the new Riverton IHC hospital? You should!
Mucho congrats, Katie! All the hard work and study has paid off! Yeah!
Good Job! I know this has been on your mind for a while now. I'm super excited for what lies ahead of you. . . so many possibilities!
Congrats, that's so exciting!
Your hard work paid off :-)
Yay!!! You SOOO deserve it. Good for you!
Congrats Kate!!! We're happy for you. That's a sweet accomplishment.
Yay! So happy for you! Now to find a job...maybe in Labor & Delivery...hint, hint :)
Kate - making up for the comments I've never made...I knew you could do it. You almost can't help but get nervous, but I knew you'd be awesome! Congrats and I hope this means we can keep up on medical stuff together for years to come!
Hey! I stumbled upon your blog from Whitney Taylor's...CONGRATS on passing. I love the pictures--especially the one when you came out!
congrats Kate! can't wait to hear about the job b/c i'm sure it's super close to being around the corner
Congrats!!! I am sooooo jealous you are done!! You two must be sooo relieved!!!
Post a Comment