Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 2: Paris

Outside our paris apartment
The best little bakery down the street from our apartment. I think we ate here 3-4 times in 2 days.
Parker was in heaven.
Chocolate filled pastry. Breakfast of champions.
Spinach and tomato quiche.

Our first baguette.
Saint Chappelle. All the surrounding walls are stained glass depicting scenes from the Bible. It was breathtaking.




Next Stop: Notre Dame
Notre Dame bell. I believe it takes multiple people to move this thing it is so huge.





I loved watching the crepe guys making crepes... so delicious.

First gelato of the trip and many many more to come.
Out side the Louvre.
Inside the Louvre. We were already pretty dang tired when we made it to the Louvre and let me tell you, that's not such a great combo. The Louvre is absolutely massive and I suspect you could literally spend weeks in there seeing everything. We probably walked a couple of miles inside. There is just so so so much ancient art work/sculptures/artifacts to see!!There was a mass of humanity huddled around the Mona Lisa taking pictures. That was almost as entertaining as seeing the Mona Lisa herself.
The exhaustion finally brought John to his knees. We couldn't find an exit anywhere....

We took a little snooze on the grass afterwards to gain our strength.
John + Erin
Another beautiful view of the city on our way to dinner.
We ate at this little fondu joint that jordan recommended. It was definitely fun and an experience. It was a little pricey but we all decided it was worth it for the experience and we were stuffed afterwards.
This waiter in the background was a piece of work. I actually think he was intentionally trying to entertain us by fulfilling our stereotypical suspicions of a snotty, rude frenchman because he was just that. deep down I think he is a nice guy but we were laughing so hard at how rude he was...
We literally ran down Champs Elysees to get to the Arch de Triumph before it closed. This picture was taken on the run...
More stairs... they just don't end in Paris. I am telling you people, you have be in good shape to go Paris and I definitely am not. It just about killed me.

Every hour on the hour at night, the Eifell does a light show for a few minutes. It was a great end to a long day.



2 comments:

Jennie B. said...

Looks amazing!!! I'm just cracking up over John being brought to his knees. Bud and I should probably never enter Europe if it is necessary to be in shape... These pictures are so fun to look at!

Melissa said...

Kate - Your trip looks so fun and, yes, the word amazing comes to my mind as well. It looks like you guys found some really neat things while you were there. I'm glad you were able to have that experience together.

I remember seeing like one fourth of the L'Ouvre and being SO exhausted. It's so huge.