Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Torey Pines

We took a little trip down to San Diego last week with Mark and Jen. Mark and Parker had their hearts set on playing Torey Pines-site of the 2008 U.S. Open. We got there super early so these two could warm up... We also had to get there early to get our name on the "twilight" list (play after 1:30) so it wasn't as ridicuously expensive. They were so happy to get on the course before 2:00. For a monday, the course was packed and I swear I saw Phil Mickelson.Eating Lunch before hand. We got delicious sandwhiches at a little shop down in DelMar and ate them at the course while we were waiting to get called on. These two were a nervous wreck before tee off. I think it was a combination of playing at such a "historic" course (as they kept reminding us) and paying that much cash for a round of golf.
I'm really glad Jen and I went along, if only just to see the view. It was a little hazy out at sea but there were so many gorgeous views.

We caught a gorgeous sunset on hole 17. The boys finished the 18th hole just as it was getting pitch dark. It was a great (long) day at the golf course.

2 comments:

Jennie B. said...

I can hear them talking about how historic this moment was. Hahaha. So funny and looks so fun!

Melissa said...

Katie! I was so excited you posted! I love seeing what you guys are up to. It looks like you had a lot of fun (especially Parker)on your trip. I wish there were more pictures of YOU! Just kidding. But not really.