i got one! I found out a couple weeks ago that I will be working full time at Timpanogas Regional Hospital on the pediatric/medical/surgical floors. I have spent the last couple days doing orientation there and one cool thing is that there are at least 5 of us new BYU grads that were hired so I already know some girls on the floors I am working on which is sweet.
I never did any clinicals at this hospital, let alone any Mountainstar Hospitals but I am really excited to work there. It is a smaller hospital too which I actually think I will like a lot and I have been really impressed with everything and everyone so far. It will just be a TON to learn! but I pretty much expect that with anywhere I work. so here's to feeling like I don't know anything for the next 6-8 weeks:)...actually i will probably feel like that for the next 6 months.
I start training on the floors next week which I am both nervous and excited about. I am excited to get at least a little exposeure to pediatrics and then I hope that med/surg will give me a good knowledge base to start out my nursing career with. I am still working at my nursing home this month part time so that will be add up to be a lot of work this month! honestly though, it's so nice to be done with school, come home from work, be done with work, and just play.
right now I'm just so grateful that the job hunt is over and I have been hired at a really nice place to work. I am so grateful for my nursing license and my degree! Sometimes I think about it and can't believe that school is actually over (for now)! I just hope I can make the most of the time I have working and all the alone time I get with Parker!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats Kate! So the commercials are true hu? Mountainstar hospital... not bigger just better healthcare. Which clearly IS the case since they hired my dear KATE! Very excited for you... next step... have LOTS AND LOTS of babies! jk
How exciting! Congrats!! When am I going to see you?! I feel like it has been FOREVER!
Yay! Good for you!! My sister-in-law works at Timp in the ER. She loves it :) I cannot believe you are all graduated and we are all grown up! Lol. Hope to see you this Saturday at the shower! And I didn't realize Charlene was home either, tell her she is welcome to come on Saturday as well.
K, random! That last comment was from me (chrissy). Our friends came over and she was still signed into her blogger account. Sorry...
Post a Comment