I forgot how much I like music. I don't know if it has been since I started college; started being more productive when not listening to it. Or was it when my car CD player started acting shotty. Or was it when I forgot I had an ipod and NEVER use it. on one of these recent nights i spent avoiding a very important assignment, i was wandering around the blog world like I so often do these days when wanting to avoid more tedious tasks such as school...
I came across some music I really liked... I forgot about music.. besides the hymns at church every week, or the same old songs I hear on the radio that i sort of, half way enjoy...
Music puts me in so many different moods. It brings back memories and conjures up all sorts of feelings and emotions. tonight it's making me nostalgic... for a time I had preferences and knew what kind of music I liked. I have no idea now.
So with a new vow to listen to more GOOD music.... what do you love?? please share. I need a new playlist
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh...so many things! where to begin?
right now i'm completely obsessed with a few songs. they're pretty mellow/fall/wintery.
skinny love, by bon iver
for emma-bon iver
heartbeats-jose gonzalez
the lucky one- au revoir simone
jacksonville- sufjan stevens
sausalito- conor oberst
paper thin walls- modest mouse
i feel it all- feist
the great salt lake- band of horses
as i rise- the decemberists
hope that helps!
john mayer... he's a lyrical, musical genious and i heart him. :)
kate, forget all the newcomers, led zepplin is where it's at. :-)
What?!? What is wrong with All American Rejects playing in a car for an entire year straight?!? Who cares if the volume doesn't change. Who cares if the same song (Track #1) gets overplayed because it came on anytime anyone touched or even looked at that stereo!!?? HAHAH Oh my gosh AAR...Theme of my DHS existence! Anyway, go with Phoenix, Pinback and Vampire Weekend. They are super chill and put my in a good mood automatically
haha. andee.
and i'm into james taylor's live album recently.
ha I totally feel the same way! I need some good music. I was just telling Dev that the other day. Guess what...we're moving up there in January! I want to see you...cuz it's been forever!
fun. - aim and ignite
jacks mannequin - the glass passenger
anything by Allred
dashboard confessional - alter the ending
anything by The Format
oh yeah, and Counting Crows (even though you hate them)
Post a Comment