Friday, October 30, 2009

Cruise.. Finally!!

So I know it has been over a month since our cruise but better late then never, right? Seriously this cruise was my dream vacation. The weather was awesome, so much rest and relaxation, and SO much food. I want to go back!
Taking off with the Bennionsfirst stop: Grand Cayman Island. found the best deal out to sting ray city. Our husbands are shameless bargainers. Standing in front of about 30 island people all trying to get us to come on their sting ray tour and buddy yells : CAN ANYONE BEAT $25? of course one woman could/would and everyone else was ticked... Here we are getting ready to take off from the harbor.Jen and Bud. Great great traveling friends.Can you beleive the color of the water? I was in awe the whole time.
Sting Ray City
Seven years good luck for kissing a sting ray! These pics were taken on a water proof disposable camera. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out BFF's
We stopped at a beach on our way back to the cruise ship. Does this picture look familiar? (refer back to the last post) ..... So nice Hondoras!!! Despite the hoards of people attacking us, the chain link fence, the little kids begging for money, and the many guards supervising, hondoras was beautiful!
Carlos... Our dependable driver. It took us a while to get to the beach but we finally made it. Oh Gary, we liked you so much more before we actually met you Beliz City. It was rainy and drab the day we were there so we decided to forgo the beach and see the city. Parker and Henry.We went on a horse-buggy ride around the city.oh don't worry, thats just some people breaking into a car in the middle of the day..A little tienda we stopped at to get treats.Our driver, Ryan. He loves Obama. He also likes to play basketball and smoke pot. ONe of the days at sea we went on a tour of the kitchen which was actaully really cool because it is HUGE... but this was my favorite picture from the tour...like seriously who makes this? we really dressed up for formal night...
mmmm... drinking our well earned pina colada's on deck. :)
Last stop: Cozumel Mexico.We cruised arouned the entire island on this little scooter. One of the highlights of the trip: watching buddy trying to get on this floating platform. He literally tried for 10 minutes. of course parker didn't help.Jenny's cute baby belly.Pretty rocks that water would splash up against and come up through little holes in the rock.
George and BANCHA!!! the best waiters on the cruise.mmm... the sushi bar you could find me at almost every night.
The mini golf course we played at least 5 times.
Shuffle board at dusk...





The cruise was amazing. It was absolutely ideal. So fun. So beautiful. Such a great time. It is amazing to see different places on this earth and how beautiful and diverse different places are. I love the desert and the mountains but I think the carribean takes the cake!

6 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

katie it looks like you guys had so much fun!!!!

The Walkers said...

Oh! I'm so glad you posted pictures! Looks like you had an absolute blast. I've been on a few cruises and I would have to say the Carribbean is for sure the best! You got so many good pictures to remember your trip by :)

manders said...

Wow! looks like you guys had a fantastic time. I am still waiting for our cruise its only been 5 years maybe our 10. Is that the bennion boy that I grew up with? Sister is Krissy? Hope all is well you two are adorable...

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

:-) the sun is the best! looks like you guys had a blast! we're so glad you guys got to go...Jordan and I are jealous! LOL miss you guys!

Jennifer said...

It sounds AMAZING!! I can't believe you swam with sting rays! That is so crazy! : )

Jennie B. said...

I LOVE seeing all of your pictures! I must say picture #1 is the most beautiful shot I've ever seen of myself. Take me back to George's googly eyes!