Tuesday, September 15, 2009

cruise to the carrib

so we are heading out on sunday to the carribean for a whole 7 nights! I seriously can't wait. I haven't ever been on a cruise so I'm a little nervous of getting sick, besides the fact that there very well may be numerous hurricanes down there with us... we are stopping in beliz, cozumel, grand cayman, and roatan islands. I love anticipating a trip almost as much as I love going on it so this week I have been trying to research things to do/pack/wear. Have any of you been on cruises? What did you wish you would/wouldn't have done/had/couldn't have lived without?

I want this to be me... (isn't there something funny about this picture? it makes me laugh).

11 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

Yay! Cruises are sooo fun. I usually get a little sea sick when im out there and I don't like taking pills cause they knock me out, so I buy these things called "sea bands." Check um out, they work wonders!

Have fun! You'll love it!

Caitlin said...

Lucky! That picture is funny...it sort of looks like she isn't wearing a top. :)

I remember that I was always cold inside the ship when I went on my cruises - take a few jackets to wear when you aren't out enjoying the sun! And also take lots of hand sanitizer, as usual.

Have so much fun and be safe! Love ya!

Erin said...

Oh yeah for you! I love cruises and so wish I was going on one soon! Although, I am heading to Hawaii in 3 weeks so I can't complain:) Have so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

My suggestion: Try all the foods on the cruise ship that you'd never try at home. If you don't like it, they'll bring you another plate - and all the food is included in the cost of the cruise! On a cruise is where I first tried lobster, escargo, etc.

Anonymous said...

You have to swim with the Sting Rays in Grand Cayman.. absolutely wild!
There is a Zip Line of one of the islands, I don't remember which one but if you have the opportunity to do it it's REALLY cool through the jungle, exhausting but cool.
Karaoke is a must. You will never see those people again and most of them will be drunk anyway so go for it!
Have a Blast Miss! I am so jealous!

Jennie B. said...

The picture..... I'll go underneath you and hold you up perfectly just like this lady. We'll take a picture and photoshop me out of it and add a shadow just like her. Can't wait!

John and Erin said...

I'm sad we're not going with you. Have a blast.

c.m. said...

that's awesome! you'll have tons of fun. i think that's the same cruise i went on for my graduation, or at least the same places. is it a carnival?

erica said...

no fair. so jealous. only been on one cruise but LOVED it! (and our ship was totally ghetto) so you'll have a blast!

Ashlie Castle said...

Jealous. You guys will have a blast. Very Jealous.

Blake and Aubree said...

Kate!! i seriously miss you!! how fun that you went on a cruise! we need to go to lunch or dinner sometime and catch up! love you!!!

Anonymous said...

so... how was the cruise missy!?